cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building i.MX6 Platform SDK in Windows

shamiksaha
Contributor II

Hi all,

I have a windows 32-bit pc. I have installed ARM DS-5 and arm-none-eabi toolchain and associated build tools in it.

Please guide me as to how to build the platform sdk to generate the binary file.

Thanks,

Shamik

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The  SDK  is built  using  the  Mentor  Sourcery  CodeBench Lite  (previously  called  Sourcery  G++  Lite)

version  of  the  arm-­‐none-­‐eabi  GCC  toolchain. The  full  list  of  CodeBench  Lite releases  is  available  on  this  page:

< http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/sourcery-tools/sourcery-codebench/editions/lite-edition/ >

It may be recommended to use Linux as host for SDK build, so please download Linux  installer  package. 
The  tarball packages  do  not  include  all executables.  Install  the  package  under  /opt  or  any other  local  folder, 

and  make  sure that  the  PATH environment  variable  allows accessing  these  executables  used  for  the build  process: 

CC = arm-none-eabi-gcc
CXX = arm-none-eabi-g++
AS = arm-none-eabi-as
AR = arm-none-eabi-ar
LN = arm-none-eabi-ld

Example  (sh syntax):

$ export PATH=$PATH:<toolchain_install_path>/bin

Source code installation

The  SDK source  code  package  can  be  installed anywhere. It  is  not  recommended  to  use a  Windows  unzip  program 

to  extract the  sources,  as  this  may result  in line  endings  being  automatically  converted. Instead,  the  equivalent  command 

of  Linux should  be  used.

Example:

$ tar zxvf imx6_platform_sdk_v1.1.0.tgz

Build command

To  build the  SDK,  use  the   ./tools/build_sdk  command.
Note:  It  is  important  to  run   build_sdk from  the  SDK  root  directory,  not  from within  the  tools directory.

Running make directly

If you want more control, you can run make directly:

$ make target=mx6dq board=smart_device  boardrev=a test=caam

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

shamiksaha
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply Yuri, but I would like to know whether the SDK can be built using ARM DS-5 and what is the procedure to be followed.

Thanks,

Shamik

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

My experience is that Linux host and Codebench toolchain is the most easy way to

build the Platform SDK. Even under Cygwin I met issues, and we do not have experience

regarding the DS-5, sorry.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

nestle
Contributor III

For whatever reason, Mentor Graphics no longer lets us download Sourcery Codebench Lite.

They talk about it on their website but I cannot find any link in their Download section to get it.

Instead they want people to download Sourcery Codebench (commercial version) with a 30 day trail period.

So how the heck do I compile the SDK?  I don't want to install the 30 day trial edition.  I would like the lite edition.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I tried to build separate tests (succesfully): CAAM, PCIe, GPU, IPU.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi Yuri,

How have you built those separate tests? Which toolchain have you used?

How can we get the same toolchain?

Please help us on this. I have been looking for resolution on this since long time, but still no luck.

Appreciate your prompt reply.

Thanks,

Dhaval

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Let me know Your e-mail.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

I may not be able to share my email id here on community.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You may create SR via FSL Web.

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your quick response!

I have tried to share the email id using Private Message. But for that we should be connected i.e. you should be added as a friend. Can you please let me know how can I do that?

Thanks,

Dhaval

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It should be better just to create SR :

Freescale Semiconductor | Embedded Processing Solutions

Login (in order to get My Freescale Home page)

Support

Enter a Service Request to discuss confidential information

0 Kudos

dhavalvadhar
Contributor IV

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your help! I have generated the SR for the same.

BTW what is average TAT for SR?

Thanks,

Dhaval

0 Kudos