cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build custom device tree in IMX8M Android 10 BSP

jarvis_tsai
Contributor I

Hi NXP support team,

I am using imx8mm chip and try to build custom android uboot and kernel image.

I modify mk files under "device/fsl/" for my custom "lunch" and also add custom device tree and config in uboot and kernel. 

After I do my custom "lunch" which is successful i can build android uboot and kernel image by below commands.

"./imx-make.sh bootloader -j4"  and "./imx-make.sh bootimage -j4"

But when I try to build android device tree (dtbo.img) with command "./imx-make.sh dtboimage -j4" it shows below error :

FAILED: ninja: unknown target 'dtboimage'
10:47:30 ninja failed with: exit status 1

Or when i try to build whole android image with command "./imx-make.sh -j4" it shows below error which fail on building dtbo.img too :

FAILED: ninja: 'out/target/product/my_test/dtbo-imx8mm.img', needed by 'out/target/product/my_test/dtbo.img', missing and no known rule to make it
11:06:12 ninja failed with: exit status 1

I can find my custom dtb is builded under "out/", but i can't build android device tree image. 

Please tell me where i need to modify in Anrdoid 10 BSP for building dtbo.img.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please note that for android 10 you'll need to build uboot and kernel first than everything else, so if you want to build one at a time you could try with the following:
i.e. for i.MX 8MM

$ cd ${MY_ANDROID}

$ source build/envsetup.sh

$ lunch evk_8mm-userdebug

$ ./imx-make.sh bootloader -j4

$ ./imx-make.sh kernel -c -j4

$ make bootimage -j4

$ make dtboimage -j4

Please note that if you have built both uboot and kernel successfully you won't need script to build android, if you want to build whole android try with the following:

$ ./imx-make.sh bootloader kernel -j4

$ make -j4

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Aldo.

0 Kudos