cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot mode on Hobbit Board IMX6

kovzone
Contributor I

Dear All,

I have Hobbit Board Quad from POSLAB with IMX6 on it. The problem is, the board has Android on it. I want to change it to Ubuntu, or Arch Linux, but they don't give me the documentation how I should set the dip switch to boot from usb or other devices. Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kovzone
Contributor I

I've finally found how to get into serial downloader mode. It's by pushing the red button while turning the board on.

I got it from the POSLAB support.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

kovzone
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thank you for pointing me those resource, I will try to dig it one-by-one. I found this boot configuration select, but looks like this schematic is different with mine (not sure, though). Because my board's (Hobbit Board of POSLAB) DIP switch has 6 switches, but this one has 8 switches. I'm new to this, so any help I really appreciate it.

boot conf select.PNG

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lufi

one can look at nxp bsps and documentation

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-6ser...

If schematic is available one can port it using Porting Guide inlcuded in linux documentation on above link.

i.MX6 Sabre SD Schematics :
i.MX6_SABRE_SDP_DESIGNFILES
http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/hardware-development-tools/sabre-development-system/s...

May be useful ubuntu for boundary devices boards:

Trusty Ubuntu for i.MX6 boards - Boundary Devices 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos