cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueTooth handfree profile(HF Role)

stevenshi
Contributor I

hi

our product is Automotive Infotainment on freescale imx6q, os is Android (android_kk4.4.2_1.0.0-ga), our reference board is imx6q-SDB.

I want to know how to set the board to handfree HF Role,not AG Role. i know the default is freescale board is AG Role, like phone, can connect bluetooth headset,  but our board act on Automotive Infotainment, it need act on bluetooth headset, the user phone can connect our board and our board is headset role,can dialer/view phone contact/view phone call log/bluetooth music.......

how to enable this function on software, and any solution or patch/guide. thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

stevenshi
Contributor I

hi, who can give me some informations, thank you!!!!!

0 Kudos

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can even add Custom Bluetooth profiles. There’s a whole range of pre-existing profiles to cater with common situations (see What is… a GATT Service (Bluetooth Smart)) – but if you need to add Bluetooth profiles that do not have HAL (hardware abstraction layer) interfaces provided by Android, you have to do three things:

1. supply an SDK add-on download to make the profile available to app developers
  2. make the APIs available in the Bluetooth system process app (packages/apps/Bluetooth)
  3. add the APIs to the BlueDroid stack (external/bluetooth/bluedroid)
0 Kudos

stevenshi
Contributor I

hi Tao:

i want to know freescale have this solution? i know freescale fouce on Automotive, and Automotive device's Handfree profile(AG) is base function.

0 Kudos

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Steven

Because our reference board hardware strict(the PCM IO has not pined out), so the HFP HF role has not enabled. If you want to enable it, you should enable PCM pin out first in hardare design.

0 Kudos

stevenshi
Contributor I

hi Tao:

可以将中文么?我想电话联系你们技术支持,能否提供我们联系方式,谢谢!

0 Kudos

tonyzheng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

你好,

关于technical support,请先联系经销商或者FAE。该论坛仅做一般性技术讨论。

0 Kudos

stevenshi
Contributor I

hi Tao:

thank you for your information! i can ask our HW engineer to modify hardware design. except for hareware,In software ,do you have some document/gudie about how to enable HFP enable in Freescale Android OS or we need to pay???

0 Kudos