cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbake error when compiling a custom dts

dgotfroi
Contributor IV

Hello all,

I designed my custom board with an iMX283 and I need to change the muxing of the pins.

So I created my own dts but I have a problem when I compile my own BSP-Layer with "bitbake core-image-minimal-dev" command.

The error is :

NOTE: make -j 4 /home/mx28/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/myownbsp-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-fslc/3.12+gitAUTOINC+1cd7a83434-r0/myownbsp_mx28.dts

| make: *** No rule to make target `/home/mx28/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/myownbsp-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-fslc/3.12+gitAUTOINC+1cd7a83434-r0/myownbsp_mx28.dts'.  Stop.

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_install (log file is located at /home/mx28/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/myownbsp-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-fslc/3.12+gitAUTOINC+1cd7a83434-r0/temp/log.do_install.2135)

ERROR: Task 83 (/home/mx28/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-myownbsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-fslc_3.12.bb, do_install) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1770 tasks of which 1769 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

I followed the topic here : https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2013-July/003436.html

So :

1- I downloaded the BSP source with "repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b dora"

2- I simply copy "~/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm" to "~/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-myownbsp".

3- I created my configuration file under "~/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-myownbsp/conf/machine/myownbsp.conf" and I changed the KERNEL_DEVICETREE = "${WORKDIR}/myownbsp_mx28.dts"

4- I created myownbsp_mx28.dts and I saved it in "~/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-myownbsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-fslc/git/arch/arm/boot/dts/"

5- I edited "~/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-myownbsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-fslc.inc" and in SRC_URI I added "file://git/arch/arm/boot/dts/myownbsp_mx28.dts"

6- In "~/fsl-community-bsp/build/conf/local.conf" I edited MACHINE ??= 'myownbsp'.

7- In ~/fsl-community-bsp/build/ I ran "bitbake core-image-minimal-dev" and I get the error above.

What did I miss ? How can I specify the rule to make the target and where ?

Many thanks for all in advance.

Best regards,

Damien

Labels (3)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
0 Replies