Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT1120 video input support on i.MX 6 or 8/9 series

Jump to solution
JK_Cha
Contributor IV

Hi iMX Champ

My customer would like to interface BT1120 video input based Camera Module along with iMX series.

Is there an iMX product to interface with BT1120 video format camera?
If not, is it recommended to use BT1120 to MIPI CSI bridge? I'd like to hear your opinion.

If possible, I would like to recommend you to design the iMX8 or 9 series.

Thanks.

Best Regards, 

Jacky

0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what TVIN chip do you use? I think you need TVIN support on imx series, right? imx6 and imx8 can support this, you can refer to the enclosed file

you also can refer to the link as below

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/ISL79987-and-adv7180-de-interlace-driver...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JK_Cha
Contributor IV

how about i.MX 93 serise for BT1120 de-interlace?

If not available from i.MX 9, then I would suggest customer to use i.MX 8M series.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I confirmed that imx8qxp and imx93 only support BT656, if you must use BT1120, maybe you need choose imx6, for more detailed information, you can refer to the AN I sent to you before

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

because imx93 is still under preproduction, I need double confirm it, but refer to the reference manual,— 8-bit/10-bit Camera Sensor Interface (CSI), so maybe only supports BT656, for the imx8qxp, I will also confirm it, because the patch I sent to you is for BT656, and the RM only mentions BT656, I need double confirm if imx8qxp parallel camera port can support this or not, wait for my update

0 Kudos
JK_Cha
Contributor IV

And TVIN chip is not determined yet.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

ok, after you decide, maybe we can offer more detailed information, current imx8m series also can support de-interlace if you need BT1120 interlaced video

0 Kudos
JK_Cha
Contributor IV

Hi Joanxie

Thanks for your kind answer.

I understood that we should use video decoder chip such as adv7180 etc. for BT1120 input, and I will deliver it to customer as difficult without external BT1120 to MIPI-CSI or Parallel bridge support.

Thanks.

Regards, 

Jacky

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what TVIN chip do you use? I think you need TVIN support on imx series, right? imx6 and imx8 can support this, you can refer to the enclosed file

you also can refer to the link as below

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/ISL79987-and-adv7180-de-interlace-driver...