cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android extended codecs and Wifi Display Sink

AndyHo
Contributor III

Hi,

We have a project using imx6q and android, we found some media files can't play, so need to know how to make those work.

1. audio : mp3 is fail to play using android 4.4.3 bsp but ok in android 5.x bsp on Sabre SDP

2. video: AVI and some format can't play in both android 443 and 5.x

3. Based on android docs ( i.mx android Extended Codec Release Note ), it seems we need OMXplayer Package and fsl_xxx_dec.tar.gz. Although our local FAE has been requested those for us 6 months ago, but no progress until now, are there another ways to get those files for android L443/L500/L511 bsp ( including WiFi display sink package)?

Best Regards,

Andy

Labels (3)
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andy Ho,

I’m very sorry for the poor experience obtaining the extended codecs for Android. Would you please open a Case on the link below or ask your FAE to open one in your behalf? I’m sorry if it seems like starting from scratch but these packages are moderated under NDA and access is usually trough the FAEs or Sales Representatives. If you can please open a case we can follow up to validate the NDA and access to the codecs to your FAE and thus to you.

NXP TechSupport Community

Regards,

0 Kudos

AndyHo
Contributor III

Hi Gusarambula,

The case number is 00065927

Best Regards,

Andy

AndyHo
Contributor III

Hi Gusarambula,

Thank you very much!!

I have registered TechSupport Community and open a case, and the screen shot of request form before is attached, I will ask local FAE to request again.

Best Regards,

Andy