Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android NFS boot

schmittalexandr
Contributor I

Hi everybody !

Sorry for my level in English .. I'm a French student

I'm trying to boot Android Lollipop 5.1.1 with TFTP and NFS on MCIMX6DL-SDP board. I built my own kernel with steps which are explain in Android_user_guide.pdf.

The first sequence with TFTP boot is ok and the kernel boot is functional (after many trials ). Now I have a console with all Linux commands which are functional and on my board I have the Android splash screen but that's all. Android don't want to start automatically.

I think init.rc and init.freescale.rc aren't configured to launch Android with NFS file system, but I don't know how I need to modify in this files.

A second problem is, I can't create anything because file system is in read only mode, but my NFS config allows read/write. Init files can create files or folders but when I'm user, I can't create or modify anything.

Recap :

U-boot/TFTP : OK

Boot kernel : OK

Mount FS with NFS in R/W mode: OK

Init : OK

Android splash screen with Android logo : OK

Android boot : Problem ...

My kernel command line config is like that :

bootargs root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=192.168.1.11:/srv/nfs/fs_light,v3,tcp, rw ip=192.168.1.10:::::eth0 console=ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off vmalloc=256M androidboot.console=ttymxc0 consoleblank=0 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=384M androidboot.selinux=disabled

My last lines of my log boot (log file is attached) :

VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem) on device 0:14.

devtmpfs: mounted

Freeing unused kernel memory: 436K (c0be2000 - c0c4f000)

pstore: decompression failed;returned -5

Console: switching to colour dummy device 80x30

fs_mgr: No entries found in fstab

init: fs_mgr_mount_all returned an error

init: fs_mgr_mount_all returned unexpected error 255

init: Unable to open persistent property directory /data/property errno: 2

rfkill: BT RF going to : off

random: init urandom read with 57 bits of entropy available

init: Unable to write persistent property to temp file /data/property/.temp.pjCraK errno: 2

init: using deprecated syntax for specifying property 'ro.serialno', use ${name} instead

init: property 'ro.serialno' doesn't exist while expanding '$ro.serialno'

init: cannot expand '$ro.serialno' while writing to '/sys/class/android_usb/android0/iSerial'

binder: 178:178 transaction failed 29189, size 0-0

init: using deprecated syntax for specifying property 'ro.product.manufacturer', use ${name} instead

init: using deprecated syntax for specifying property 'ro.product.model', use ${name} instead

android_usb: already disabled

mtp_bind_config

logd.auditd: start

root@sabresd_6dq:/ # healthd: BatteryTemperaturePath not found

healthd: BatteryTechnologyPath not found

random: nonblocking pool is initialized

If you can unlock me,thank in advance !

Regards,

Alex.

Original Attachment has been moved to: log_boot.txt.zip

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jonathantaylor
Contributor II

Can you tell me how you are getting your boot log?  I keep seeing posts where people refer to that, but I don't understand where it is coming from, and how your get a hold of a file from these MX boards when the device won't boot.  MfgTool formats the partitions, so you can't revert to a previous boot state to retrieve a file created by a failed one!  I'm missing something critical here...

0 Kudos