Android Auto on i.MX8M Plus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto on i.MX8M Plus

And9686
Contributor II

I've made an Android build (Android 14) following the NXP Android User's Guide and then I flashed it successfully to an SDcard and the board booted it normally without any errors.

I wanted to make a kind of head unit and have the Android Auto mirror thing. I've installed an APP called "Head Unit Reloaded" which I even tried on other devices and when I connect my phone it should mirror the Android Auto from the phone to the device through that app. In i.MX8M the app worked and was even outputing sound and my phone was recognizing the Android Auto feature, BUT there was no image being outputed, like pitch black.

I've searched for solutions and I'm aware that i.MX8M is not compatible with Android Automotive OS, but android auto is not an OS, is a mirrorable app from your smartphone in which you need a mirror app to run it on Android.

Maybe the Android version is too young for this? Maybe I did something wrong on the build? Do I need to have a Google Services package (doesn't make much sense)?

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me!

IMX8MPLUSANDROID-AUTO 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Chavira
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @And9686!

Thank you for contacting NXP Support!

Unfortunately, the iMX8M is not compatible with Android Auto because the iMX8M doesn't have automotive parts.

I recommend using automotive parts like iMX8 or iMX8QM or waiting for the launch of the iMX95.

Sorry for the mistake!

Best Regards!

Chavira

0 Kudos

And9686
Contributor II
What do you mean by automotive parts? Like my normal android tablet has no automotive parts and I can use it as a head unit. I thing you're confusing android auto with android automotive. And like I said, android auto is working, just the image is pitch black, the sound is working for example
0 Kudos