Android Auto and Cluster or Dashboard App

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Auto and Cluster or Dashboard App

gokhansahin
Contributor III

I want to develop an application which is a dashboard of car with android. The CANbus will be used as a communication protocol, I guess that I must use the android auto version but all examples about it shows that it's a multimedia screen for cars. Can I develop a dashboard which has gauges provides to display speedometer, odometer so forth with android auto?

Also, At the first, for developing an application and testing, can I emulate the imx8 board in Android Studio so without having a board?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gokhan

I believe dashboard application may be supported, one can look at i.MX Graphics

User's Guide included in documentation:

Android P9.0.0_1.0.2_AUTO_Beta (i.MX 8QuadMax/8QuadXPlus)

Documentation

I do not think that currently it is possible to emulate the imx8 board in Android Studio

without having a board since processor development is not fully finished, it is still in

preproduction state.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos