cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 4.4.3 uboot not booting

srikanthmediset
Contributor I

Hi,

We are using iMX6slevk board and we are trying to flash android 4.4.2 u-boot(u-boot.bin) in eMMC  using MFG tool and it was working properly.When we try to flash android 4.4.3 u-boot(u-boot-imx6sl.imx) in eMMC using MFG tool u-boot is not coming up.So,what is the difference between them and how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

srikanth.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

when you use mfgtools flash the uboot 4.4.3, any error message shows up? and pls check if you set the correct boot mode in the board?

0 Kudos

srikanthmediset
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

When we try to flash images through MFG there was no error message. After changing the boot switch and trying to bring up the evk board then we are facing the problem like u-boot is not coming up.Because of this we are not able to find any logs in the minicom as u-boot is not up.

Regards,

srikanth.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

where did you get the uboot file? let me test on my board, and did you just download the uboot image on the board? did you use the correct mfgtools for version 4.4.3? you also can use the dd command to download the uboot file to the board on the ubuntu.

0 Kudos

srikanthmediset
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

We are trying to flash the images using MFG tool into eMMC as we don't have SD card support for the board.

Regards,

srikanth.

0 Kudos

srikanthmediset
Contributor I

Hi Joan,

We compiled the source code and generated the u-boot image.We are using Mfgtools-Rel-4.1.0_130816_MX6SL_UPDATER.

Regards,

srikanth.

0 Kudos