cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About document update notification by email

george
Senior Contributor II

Dear All,

We must notify customers during product development of any NXP product documentation updates as soon as possible.

To do that we use the document update page below :

As you can see in the attached image file, I have enabled all checkboxes to be notified by email.

However, these notifications are rarely brought by email as compared to the updates I can see on this Page.

What rules and schemes are used to send email notifications within NXP?

Because we are asking our customers to rely on this email notification.

If this email notification is fickle, we need to change this notice to our customers early.

Best Regards,

George

12 Replies

norihiromichiga
Senior Contributor I

Hello Jimmy, 

Yes, that was our expected result. 

My question was that notification had not been sent from your site in the past, 

But from this month, I and other colleagues had started receiving notification from your site. 

Can we think that your web team changed something and it allowed your web site correctly send

notification to follower like us?

Regards,

Norihiro Michigami

AVNET

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I got the reply from the web team. There was a fix implemented on 6/24th . And the notification emails go out once a week on Sunday night, US time zone.

Best regards,

Jimmy

0 Kudos

norihiromichiga
Senior Contributor I

Hello Jimmy, 

>So, I want to double confirm with you that do you mean you can receive all the notification?

I received the first mail from  "technicalupdates@nxp.com"  on 21, July.

It includes the document updates for products I follow that were updated from 15 July ~  20 July. 

After that, I received another six mails on between 23, July ~ 25, July in series.

These mails include document update on 21 July.  (Four out of six emails are duplicated.) 

In case of Fukutomi-san, he has received four mails on the following dates until today.

2020/4/20  

2020/6/2  

2020/6/23  

2020/7/21 

From your web system, the update will be sent once per month?

Regards,
Norihiro Michigami

AVNET  

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The notification email will send to you when there is a new document update on the web.

Best regards,

Jimmy

0 Kudos

norihiromichiga
Senior Contributor I

Hello Jimmy, 

Fukutomi-san who posted this topic is my colleague and I also had the same question.

I have set MY NXP so that I can receive the update notification from NXP web site. 

When I find recent document updates from "MY NXP" >  "Documentation and Tools Update" link, 

Even documents that I followed were updated, I had not been able to receive any notification mail.

(I double-checked that mail was not treated as a spam mail in our server.) 

In the week, suddenly I could receive  the updates for documents that I follow from "technicalupdates@nxp.com".

Can we think that your web team fixed something on the document update notification?

As authorized distributor of NXP in Japan, we recommend our customers to use this feature

to not miss important document updates .  

So we want NXP web site to make sure that NXP sends notification mail to follower. 

Regards,

Norihiro Michigami

AVNET

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Norihiro Michigami,

According to your message,

"suddenly I could receive  the updates for documents that I follow from "technicalupdates@nxp.com"."

So, I want to double confirm with you that do you mean you can receive all the notification?

Fukutomi-san also can receive all the notification?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Jimmy

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Norihiro Michigami,

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I will ask the team internally again.

Best regards,

Jimmy

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you tell me which one you don't get the email notification? or you don't get all the notification?

george
Senior Contributor II

Dear jimmychan‌,

Currently, the update I can check on the web is as the attached PDF.

But I haven't received any updates by email since I received the email attached on April 20th from technicalupdates@nxp.com.

For example, the two updates below are more than a week old, but I haven't received any updates by email.

pastedImage_1.png

BR,

George

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for your reply. I will ask the web team for helping this issue.

0 Kudos

george
Senior Contributor II

Dear jimmychan‌,

I have not received any notification from technicalupdates@nxp.com since April 20th.
If our customers, like us, do not receive update notifications, this notification method will not make sense to anyone.

Is there any response from the web team?

BR,

George

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello George,

I do not get update from the web team. I will ask them to help this issue again.

Best regards,

Jimmy

0 Kudos