cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUDMUX internal network mode does not work on IMX6

Jump to solution
RobHawksFan
Contributor I

I am currently working with the IMX6SLEVK attempting to capture audio from 2 CODECs (TDM mode) using a single SSI controller. I have the master and slave CODECs connected to external AUDMUX4 & AUDMUX5 ports. The SSI controller being used is on the AUDMUX1 port. When the AUDUMX1 port is configured to RX data using “internal network mode” and the INMMASK is set to receive data from AUD4 AND AUD5, I get no data. However, if the INMMASK is configured  to only receive AUD4 or only receive AUD5, data is received correctly. It seems that when multiple ports are selected in the INMMASK, all the data received is 0’s.   Individually the channels look fine. How do you receive data from 2 external ports to a single SSI interface?

The clock and frame sync lines are all being routed correctly.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
adrian_alonso
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rob,

Can you check if you setup follows this:

With internal network mode, single point-to-multipoint network configuration with

an arbitrary number of slaves can be supported if the external slaves are put into the

high-impedance state (as defined in the SSI network mode protocol) and have pull-up

resistors on their TxD pins. (Alternatively, this can be viewed as requiring a pull-up

resistor on the corresponding AUDMUX RxD pin.)

Regards

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
adrian_alonso
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rob,

Can you check if you setup follows this:

With internal network mode, single point-to-multipoint network configuration with

an arbitrary number of slaves can be supported if the external slaves are put into the

high-impedance state (as defined in the SSI network mode protocol) and have pull-up

resistors on their TxD pins. (Alternatively, this can be viewed as requiring a pull-up

resistor on the corresponding AUDMUX RxD pin.)

Regards

Adrian

0 Kudos