ADB on Android 11 not showing devices over USB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADB on Android 11 not showing devices over USB

tuban
Contributor I

I am building the current Android 11 release for imx8mq (with a default configuration) on an Ubuntu 18.04 host. I enable developer mode on the imx8mq target and ensure that USB debugging is also ON. Using the same OTG USB cable over which I burn eMMC via Serial Download, I do not see any devices when I run 'adb devices' on my Ubuntu host.

Is there a non-default CONFIG_ option which needs to be turned on for this to work?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Did you try to connect your android phone by adb ?You may need confirm that your adb env.

0 Kudos

tuban
Contributor I

Let me correct my previous information. When I connect my Pixel 5, lsusb shows:

Bus 001 Device 064: ID 18d1:4ee1 Google Inc. Nexus 4 / 10

Adb however does not list and devices.

I followed the instructions here:

https://gist.github.com/vubon/62e1827018fb1ef76057f92e6a69cd70

But they did not make a difference.

0 Kudos

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Try these commands, i have tested

sudo apt update
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

0 Kudos

tuban
Contributor I

Those were already installed and up to date.

0 Kudos

tuban
Contributor I

My Ubuntu environment does not see my Pixel 5 either.

I tried installing android-sdk, but that did not seem to help.

The only adb operation which seems to do anything is 'adb connect 192.168.1.105:5037' which reports 'connected to 192.168.1.105:5037', but further 'adb devices' or 'adb shell' etc report no devices found.

When I try to connect the target's USB to my macbook pro and run android file transfer, no deviecs are found. This works fine with my Pixel 5.

I tried rebuilding my imx8mq android 11 world with 'lunch dart_mx8mq-eng' instead of 'lunch dart_mx8mq-userdebug' in hopes that this would enable the adb path. I see that I no longer have to manually enable developer mode, which is nice, but still not USB connectivity.

0 Kudos