cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8M Mini Input Current Parameters

adevries
Contributor V

Hello,

The 8M Mini datasheet lists the follow parameters for input leakage current.

pastedImage_3.png

Can anyone confirm if the GPIO DC parameters apply to *all* pins configured as GPIO on the 8M Mini? Or do they only apply for the bank of pins labeled "GPIO1"?

Additionally, when the 8M mini powers on and is still being configured, I've noticed larger than expected input currents on GPIO pins (I was expecting a max of 4uA). Is this expected behavior? I would have expected most pins to default to GPIO inputs unless they were configured otherwise, and I'm seeing unconfigured pins pulling much more than 4uA. Finally, what temperature range is the 4uA input current valid for?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi adevries

>Can anyone confirm if the GPIO DC parameters apply to *all* pins configured as GPIO on the 8M Mini?

yes this is correct.

> when the 8M mini powers on and is still being configured, I've noticed larger than expected input

>currents on GPIO pins (I was expecting a max of 4uA). Is this expected behavior?

datasheet characteristics are guaranteed when chip was fully powered and after correct power-up sequence.

>I would have expected most pins to default to GPIO inputs unless they were configured otherwise

default state is given in Table 64. i.MX 8M Mini 14 x 14 mm functional contact assignments Datasheet

column "Reset condition".

> and I'm seeing unconfigured pins pulling much more than 4uA.

excessive current may be due to floating pin (one can configure internal pull) or

during power-up sequence.

>Finally, what temperature range is the 4uA input current valid for?

temperature range is given in Table 9. Operating ranges, TJ junction.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos