10 Bit Monochrome CMOS Image Sensor Interface.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Bit Monochrome CMOS Image Sensor Interface.

Jump to solution
harishs
Contributor I

Hi,

Our application needs interfacing a 10 Bit Monochrome CMOS image sensor(EV76C661ABTF) parallely to i.MX 6 processor.

Since IPU Sensor Interface of i.MX6 supports upto 20 Bit camera interface,need help on interfacing the Image sensor.

From the Table 62 .Camera Input Signal Cross Reference, Format, and Bits Per Cycle given at page 95 of datasheet, I am not getting a clear picture about a grey scale format pin mapping to i.MX 6.

Also need some clarification on input clock required for image sensor, since the CSI0_MCLK CLK provided is multiplexed with CSI0_HSYNC  and no other alternate pin is available.

Attached the datasheet of Image sensor and I.MX 6 processor for reference.

Regards,

Harish.S

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for 10 bits greyscale camera, the IPU CSI can capture them with generic 16 bits mode, that means each 10 bits greyscale pixel will be saved into memory with 2 bytes (16 bits).

If the hardware used CSI Data19 to Data10 for connection, the 10bits MSB data in 2 bytes of memory are valid pixel data; if the hardware used CSI Data13 to Data 4 for connection, the 10bits LSB data in 2 bytes of memory are valid pixel data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Got some comfirmed information from IC designer, for iMX6, the IPU can't support converting bayer format to RGB/YUV on the fly, it can only use generic mode to receive the CSI input bayer data to memory. The CPD can only be used to convert 10 bits color data to 8 bits.

On iMX5x IPU, there is a module called "ISP" which can be used to handle bayer format data, but it was also not fully verified, so in the iMX5x document, the ISP section had been removed. And on iMX6, that "ISP" module had been removed.

0 Kudos
harishs
Contributor I

Dear Joan Xie,

Thanks for the reply.

We are using a 10-bit Mono chrome Image sensor not an Bayer format. We want to interface with IMX6 processor. But IMX6 processor having an 20-bit Camera parallel Interface. Is it possible to interface the10bit  monochrome sensor to it directly,If it is possible we need help on pin mapping interfacing details to IMX6, since we are not getting clarity from information given in datasheet.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for 10 bits greyscale camera, the IPU CSI can capture them with generic 16 bits mode, that means each 10 bits greyscale pixel will be saved into memory with 2 bytes (16 bits).

If the hardware used CSI Data19 to Data10 for connection, the 10bits MSB data in 2 bytes of memory are valid pixel data; if the hardware used CSI Data13 to Data 4 for connection, the 10bits LSB data in 2 bytes of memory are valid pixel data.

0 Kudos
harishs
Contributor I

HI Joan,

Thanks for the valuable reply, found your answer useful.

Regards,

Harish.S

0 Kudos