Looking for a ready to use wireless board (WiFi)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a ready to use wireless board (WiFi)

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

To start a new project, I need a small plateform (Some GPIO, not need high frequency because the application is very simple)

The main need is the wireless connectivity. We need to receive 2 datas (Time and temeprature), and send some datas (Log file) by Wifi way (from computer or smartphone)

If I design my own board, we will need to pass HF certification. It is why I'm looking for a ready to use board, that we can plug on our ground board to be interfaced with the hardware.

This board must be industrial (life guarantie...). So we can eleminate the evaluations board?

Is there something like that existing?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you, but we do not have a WIFI module exactly as you are requesting it

Nonetheless, the  MW320 seems to be the one that fits the most into your needs specially if you use it with one of the supported LPCs as it will work almost as you describe it. Also, we do provide the schematics for the board , example codes, you can use the MCUXpresso IDE to develop, etc.

Could you please help me check it, and let me know if that works for you ?

Regards,

0 Kudos

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Ok,

Right on NXP no solution seems be ok for me.

I found other solution type, for exemple from "espresif" manufactor.

Thank for your support.

0 Kudos

arnogir
Senior Contributor II

Hello

Thank for your back.

My first idea is to find a small ready to use module, which could have a "Data" mode. In other word, the output of this module could be a simple serial link. By this way, data would sent and received via the WiFi. This module could have a "config" mode where we configure the Wifi need (SSID...) or directly access to the configuration via the Wifi itself (Like a printer for exemple...)

After that, I will add a simple small processor to execute my application (This application is so simple than an operating system is not needed!).

In addition, maybe this kind of module exist, but in which we can also program our application and in which the Wifi stack is integrated. Our aim is really to have a time to market very short. We just have the time to devellop the application, not to learn all Wifi Stack and develop it. If we could have a "Ready to use" solution with a simple access like a serial or SPI link, it will be great!

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There are different WIFI devices , you can find them all in this list:

https://www.nxp.com/products/wireless/wi-fi-plus-bluetooth:WIFI-BLUETOOTH

As I'm understating your application it is intended to be used in IoT , so you can check depending on the WIFI features you need you want to cover and the host processor you need it for (RTOS or Linux host)

For each of the WIFI products we have listed, you will find a partner that develops a module with the part that will help the design as the modules are certified, also, for most of the modules we also have some module development board for evaluation.  This information can be found in the bottom part of the information of each part web page.

If you need a microcontroller with WIFI , we have available the MW320, that you can be used by itself or you can also use it with some specific LPC EVKs (LPCXpresso55S16/28/69 Development Board)

So, if you already have other MCU/MPU host already, you can check one module with the module partners and add it to your design  taking into account and verifying first the compatibility of the software we have with your host.

If you are choosing one of the NXP development kits as host for the development you are doing  (i.MX, i.MX RT or LPC),  the EVKs available are intended to be used only for development and not for production; so you will need to design your own board and certify it as well .

Still, we do provide the schematics of the EVKs, for some boards we provide layouts and also we have some hardware guides to help the customers through their application design.

Any question , let us know

Regards

0 Kudos