BLE Solution

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE Solution

chayanroy
Contributor I

Hello, I am completely new  to NXP BLE chip. So I need to know where to start. Do I have to program it or it has built in firmware to interface with other MCU'S, like other ics. Thanks.

3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Two of the NXP chips that work with BLE are the MKW41Z chip and the QN9020 chip; those chips support BLE 4.2 and BLE 4.0 respectively, and both have an NXP development board.

The FRDM-KW41Z uses the Connectivity Software, available for Linux and Windows,  where you can find several examples using FreeRTOs and bare metal for IAR or KDS with their documentation.

The QN9020DK uses the QBlue firmware which uses Keil and IAR  as IDE, with their documentation in the release; available in the NXP web page  you can find documentation regarding this topic such as users guides and application notes.

Regards,

Estephania

tsag
Contributor I

When can we expect the full documentation for the QN9020? We just started working with the QN9021 but there is nothing but some software examples.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can find the available files in the Documentation tab, what I believe will work the best for you it's the Software Developers Guide

Best Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos