88W8987 reset function

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

88W8987 reset function

jonahchen
Contributor I

Hello NXP, we are now using 88W8987 for WLAN communication, for some reason , we didn't connect PDn pin to our controller, we just pulled it up to 3.3V through a 4.7K resistor, I am wondering if there is some software method to reset 88W8987, eg. is there any register that can be accessed by SDIO to issue a soft reset?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jonahchen,

Could you let me know which device are you using as host and more details why you would need the soft reset?

Also, are you using a partner module or is this a custom design?

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

jonahchen
Contributor I

Hello @Alexis_A , We are using FN-LINK(88W8987),facing with our rockchip controller, our hardware diagram is as below

jonahchen_0-1631758591355.png

the problem is:

1. The SDIO communication goes well after power up , but after our SoC issue a reset using WL_RST, SoC got no response from SDIO when we issue CMD5(IO_SEND_OP_COND).

2. there is no reset pin in 88W8987, only a PDn pin. We found that WIFI function(connect and ping) goes well no matter the WL_RST is high or low. we doubt that maybe for FG6221 , the WLAN_RST is a NC pin.

3. We didn't connect PDn to our Soc , So I am looking for another way to reset the wifi module to see if we can solve problem 1.

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jonahchen,

Can you let me know the driver version and the OS used? This is to verify if there's anything that could help in the driver and if you include the link to the driver would be great.

Also, could you share a log that shows the issue and the commands used and could you help me with more information of the module used (link or part number)?

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

jonahchen
Contributor I

Hello @Alexis_A , is there any updates?

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jonahchen,

While I look internally, I would suggest to contact the module maker to check if they have some feedback in their side.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @jonahchen,

I'm still looking this information internally, I will let you know as soon as I receive some feedback.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

jonahchen
Contributor I

Thank you @Alexis_A , Sorry , I made a mistake , the wifi module is FN-LINK L287B-SR, Not FG6221.

Driver : SD-WLAN-UART-BT-8987-U16-MMC-W16.87.10.p134-16.136.10.p134-C4X16687-GPL.zip

Errlog:sdio-timing-boot+kernel.xlsx(see attached file)

Column I indicates all no response CMD, you can also see the CMD is in UBOOT or Kernel via column H

This error occurs if we don't send a low voltage pulse on PDn before wifi module initialization in kernel.

Best regards!

0 Kudos