This document describes a simple process for enabling the user controls the radio through serial commands.
Hardware requirements: • FRDM-KW41Z/QN902x board or a board programmed with HCI black box application. Software requirements: • Test Tool 12 application. It can be downloaded from the NXP web page. • HCI Black Box binary.
Running Demo 1. Load the board with hci_black_box example. 2. Open the Test Tool 12 software 3. Set up the correct Serial Configuration. If there were no changes in the application the default configuration will correspond to the one showed in the following figure.
4. Double click on the active device that you want to test, this will open the COM port in the command console.
5. Set the command set to the BLE_HCI.xml. This file has a list of the HCI commands that the user can send to the device, some of the commands have some options to be configured if necessary or some data to be filled.
6. To make easier the use of frequent commands, there is the option to add a shortcut to the command and the chosen behavior will be added to the panel.
7. Once you add the shortcut or choose the command or your preference, just double click over it and the tool will send the command to the device. In this case, we will send a reset on the board, this command does not receive any extra parameters, data or need any extra configuration.
8. If successful there will be a response or acknowledge of the behavior that will be shown in the right panel.