Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Vybrid] Dual display, TFT + Segmented LCD

Jump to solution
enricpons
Contributor II

Hi all,

we have a TWR-VF65GS10 board and we would like to create our own board to test Dual Display capabilities of Vybrid, so the question is... Is it possible to have two displays at the same time ? One TFT (480x272) and one segmented (40x4). I have also a doubt. I read about de segmented controller but I don't know the way to connect (which of the pins are used).

Thank you.

Regards,

Enric

1 Solution
ioseph_martinez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Enric,

After reviewing this, you can actually used DCU + Segment LCD. You just need to select the proper LCD for your application. Loosing LCD33 means you loose 1 front plane. For example, you can have a 38x4 LCD

Regards,

Ioseph

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ioseph_martinez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Enric,

You can drive two TFT displays at the same time, no problem.

I checked the pin-out and I don't think you can drive TFT + Segmented LCD. The reason is because LCD0 to LCD43 use some of the DCU0 and DCU1 pins (TFT Display controller) I will anyway confirm this info and get back to you.

(LCD33 shares pin with DCU1_HSYNC and the rest of the LCD pins use a lot of the DCU0 signals)

Regarding the connection of LCD Segment, Vybrid, has a single Segment LCD driver with 44 LCD output signals (LCD0-LCD43) and a VLCD signal for powering the LCD

hope the info is useful.

Ioseph

0 Kudos
ioseph_martinez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Enric,

After reviewing this, you can actually used DCU + Segment LCD. You just need to select the proper LCD for your application. Loosing LCD33 means you loose 1 front plane. For example, you can have a 38x4 LCD

Regards,

Ioseph

0 Kudos
enricpons
Contributor II

Hi Ioseph,

thank you very much for your help. I will consider your comments to choose a proper LCD to have both types of displays.

Best regards and have nice vacations (in case you will enjoy comming soon (is not my case :-(  ))

Enric

0 Kudos
enricpons
Contributor II

Hi Ioseph,

thank you for the info. I will wait until you confirm that is not possible to use at the same time TFT + Segmented LCD. Pity you can not use both types of displays just for one pin.

Also, thank you to Karina to "invoke you" :-D

Regards,

Enric