Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversa Voice Software - FAQ

Conversa Voice Software - FAQ

MeganHansen_1-1649271437500.png

Conversa FAQ 

Q: What is Conversa? 

A: Conversa is an advanced full-duplex voice processing software that leverages traditional signal processing and machine learning techniques to provide excellent speech quality in all noise types. It includes a real-time PC-based tuning tool that provides complete control of the signal path. 

Q: How many microphones does Conversa support? 

A: The number of microphones supported by Conversa is scalable. Depending on the application, typically 1-4 microphones will be required, but more microphones can be supported. 

Q: Which types of devices is Conversa designed for? 

A: All communication applications where high-quality speech is required, such as speakerphones, communication/office headsets, wearables/smartwatches, earbuds/TWS, gaming headsets, hearables, etc. 

Q:  Which NXP processors can Conversa run on? 

A: The list is growing, but at present Conversa is supported on the RT1060, RT1170, RT500 and RT600.  

Q: What are the system resource requirements for Conversa?  

A: The system resource requirement depends on several factors, such as number of microphones, number of speakers, sample rate, latency requirements, etc.  

The memory required varies from around 100 kB (1-2 microphones without AEC), up to > 1 MB (multiple microphones, multiple speakers, and AEC). The MHz required varies from 50 MHz up to 1GHz. 

Q: Who do I contact to learn more about whether Conversa is the right software for my voice communication product? 

A: Please contact Voice@nxp.com for more information. 

Q: What is the process of tuning Conversa for a product?  

A: The customer can complete part of the tuning using the Conversa Tuning Tool, but the final tuning is typically done in close cooperation between the customer and the NXP Voice & Audio team. 

Q: How can I have my product certified for Microsoft Teams and/or Zoom? 

A: Our engineers can assist in the tuning process and provide pre-certification tests for various communication standards.  

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎04-06-2022 11:58 AM
Updated by: