Broken community engine

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken community engine

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Am I alone who had nightmare recently replaying to someone's message? I tried various browsers on different machines. IE10, IE8, Opera. The same stupid error messages giving no clue for what should I change to make it posted. Had to split my ~20 lines message into sequences of words, sometimes a number + a single word, sometimes more words. Without cutting to so small message it refused to accept message. Please fix it.

BTW why IE8 is too old for this broken engine??? I still have XP machine and don't want any 3rd party browsers. Also why it almost always breaks whatever I paste to edit window?

Ughh, just shared my experience

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Paul_Kuhn
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

My apologies.  Can you point me to the post that gave you so much trouble.  I would like to look into it.  Has this been an ongoing issue or has it started recently?

0 Kudos

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

It seems being better now, but I'm not sure when it will bite me again.

Here's this thread. https://community.freescale.com/thread/314320

I was trying to post whole message yesterday and today. Two days is to much fo it, so I decided to break message into smaller pieces, adding gaps in words etc. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Paul_Kuhn
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Entering code in editor is buggy. I am not aware of anything that would have magnified the issues yesterday, but will see what I can find out.   Have you tried the insert code feature of the advanced editor?  It is still not perfect, but others have found it better.

advanced_editor.jpg

0 Kudos

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

I wasn't using code editor (yes, it is constantly broken). Just a plain text message. To make sure it wasn't some hidden control characters, I copied message to notepad (looses fancy formatting), and then back to browsers editor window. It was refusing sending even simple text "5 bytes" message. Maybe it was server's bad day, I don't know.

0 Kudos