How to disable cache coherence on e6500?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable cache coherence on e6500?

janewhitman
Contributor I

Hello,

I was wondering whether there is a way to disable cache coherence on e6500. I wouldn't like to turn off the caches completely. Any suggestions on this? 

Thanks!

J.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

michelle
NXP Pro Support
NXP Pro Support

Coherence is a TLB bit (the M bit) which tells corenet to snoop caches and changes core behavior towards that region of memory to coherent (it impacts many instructions' behavior).  The caches themselves are a separate issue.  What are you trying to do?  Run with caches off?  Don't  Performance would be awful.  Run without a cohrenence domain for a memory region?  That might make more sense but goes quite off the reservation for the standard supplied SDK and other NXP reference software...

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please look e6500 core Reference Manual, Section 5.6.2 "Enabling and disabling the L1 caches".

Hope this what you asking for.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

janewhitman
Contributor I

Hi Alexander,
unfortunately, I cannot find anything related to coherence in that section.

However, I discovered TLB entry fields today, so I hope it's the right direction.

Thank you,

J.

0 Kudos