Getting starting with QorLQ T2080 Development System.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting starting with QorLQ T2080 Development System.

Jump to solution
Dsiebert
Contributor II

I am just getting started with the T2080 Development system.
It came with an HDD but when I boot the system with the reference Linux it is not available in Linux. I have checked block and sda but I only see the Flash memory that it boots from. I want to make an image of the boot flash and the HDD would make a good target to store it. But what is that drive for? How can you use it? Just wondering if anyone knows.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dsiebert
Contributor II

Thank you for getting back to me but it seems like that system has more problems than that. The USB host port didn't work and it would not come out of a reset. If you did a cold startup it would boot just fine. If you hit the reset it would never get out of the reset, and if you used the front power button to cycle the power it would not come out of the reset. Only if you turned off the power supply would it boot up.
I had another SE and an EE verify it with me. We have a second QorLQ T2080 and it functions correctly so we are doing a return on the faulty unit. I can use the other unit for my dev work while we wait for the replacement.
Thanks again and have a nice day.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Native SATA driver should be enabled in the default image.

Please run "fdisk -l" command on the target board to check whether SATA device will be listed.

Please run the following command to check whether SATA driver is enabled.

root@t2080rdb-64b:~# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_SATA_AHCI
root@t2080rdb-64b:~# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_SATA_AHCI_QORIQ

In addition, would you please provide your Linux Kernel booting up log.

0 Kudos
Dsiebert
Contributor II

Thank you for getting back to me but it seems like that system has more problems than that. The USB host port didn't work and it would not come out of a reset. If you did a cold startup it would boot just fine. If you hit the reset it would never get out of the reset, and if you used the front power button to cycle the power it would not come out of the reset. Only if you turned off the power supply would it boot up.
I had another SE and an EE verify it with me. We have a second QorLQ T2080 and it functions correctly so we are doing a return on the faulty unit. I can use the other unit for my dev work while we wait for the replacement.
Thanks again and have a nice day.

0 Kudos