cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter FOR GVDD

gokulkrishnan
Contributor III

Hi,

Do we need to add any Filter for GVDD? IF so can we do without it. Also for the DDR4 address lines what is the reference we need to give, is it VREF(0.6V) or is it 1.2V?

Regards 

Gokul

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

We need place decoupling capacitors. One at each G1VDD pin. Capacitors may be placed directly under the chip using a standard escape pattern, and others may surround the part. 0.1μF SMT ceramic chip capacitor is recommended. Distribute several bulk storage capacitors around the PCB, feeding the VDD and other power planes including G1VDD plane to enable quick recharging of the smaller chip capacitors. Contact with your power regulator vendor for best values and types of bulk capacitors. See more in the application note AN4825, T1040 Family Design Checklist
https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=AN4825
It is for the T1042 too. I see you already had received link to the T1040-RDB Design Files. The T1040 RDB can be used as a reference design while designing a system.

There is no special requirement the reference voltage. Please see application note AN5097Hardware and Layout Design Considerations for DDR4 SDRAM Memory Interfaces
http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN5097.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I assume GVDD in your question is DDR4 controller power pins of some QorIQ T10xx device. There are different T1 Family Design Checklist documents. Please let me know your device name or names. So I will be able to refer on the right document.

0 Kudos

gokulkrishnan
Contributor III

Hi,

Yes its for the DDR4 section. The device I'm using is T1042.

0 Kudos