cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU alternatives for T4240-RDB

mikael_karlsson
Contributor I

Hi All,

I would like to know if the reference design board T4240-RDB is available with different CPU-versions, like the T4161NXN7QTB?

If not, do anyone know if there are any other boards with this particular CPU available? We only need a reference board with the correct CPU for software testing purposes. The software uses no special IO features or cryptographic modules that the T4240 offers.

Regards, Mikael

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The T4160 personality is selected by setting SW4[2]=ON on the T4240RDB board - please refer to the QorIQ T4240 Reference Design Board Quick Start:

QorIQ® T4240 Reference Design Board | NXP 

0 Kudos

mikael_karlsson
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply! It unfortunately does not solve the major problem that I did not mention in my post.

The problem is that the boards equipped with CPUs with encryption enabled is subject to export control, which makes it difficult to acquire a board with a full featured CPU outside the US. And since we do not need encryption it is not worth the effort to get the paperwork through. So the question is if it is possible to get a board with a different physical CPU mounted?

Regards, Mikael

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> the question is if it is possible to get a board with a different physical CPU mounted?

This is not possible from NXP directly.

Please try to pose the question to a distributor.

0 Kudos

mikael_karlsson
Contributor I

Ok, we will look around a bit.

Just to check; Do you sell the board without CPU mounted? We can perhaps mount the desired CPU our self.

Regards, Mikael

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> Do you sell the board without CPU mounted? 

No.

The board always is provided fully tested.

0 Kudos