Software Licensing and Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Licensing and Support

erwinbeck
Contributor II

I haven't found any information from NXP/Freescale, which explains in one single consistent document, the three steps how to install CodeWarrior. However I have found 3 documents:

1. "Registration Confirmation"

2. "CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers V10.X Quick Start

3. "Software and Support Activation Quick Start Guide"

I realize this is an incomplete question, I am still working on the final version on this thorny subject.

A. How I got here

When I sign in to my account, and click on "Software Licensing and Support", I see two products on the "Product Information" page:

CodeWarrior Development Suite - Basic

CodeWarrior Development Tool - Evaluation Software

The first line is the result of my purchase and Software Registration of 22-Jan-2017, NXP Order # 507496.

Last month, unfortunately for CodeWarrior, I decided to perform a Clean Install on my Windows 7 machine, since it was getting slower and slower. But I still think that it is not such a crazy idea to re-install software after a Clean Install.

After the Clean Install, I just couldn't find a download page for my "CodeWarrior Development Suite - Basic", for which I already had payed, so I tried several different things without really knowing what I was doing, resulting in the second line on the "Product Information" page.

B. "Registration Confirmation"

When I register the "CodeWarrior Development Suite - Basic" software, I receive a "Registration Confirmation". At the bottom of  "Registration Confirmation" I find the following information:

"Activate and Install Your Product(s)

To activate your software products:
  1. Go to the software product page by clicking View Product button on this page.
  2. Select the product you want to license and/or install.
  3. Download and install the product if you don't already have it installed.
  4. Go to the Licenses Keys tab of the product.
  5. Select the item you want to generate a license for and click Generate.
  6. Complete the requested information and click Generate.
  7. Save the license file, license.dat, to your software installations as directed within the QuickStart Activation Guide".

When I click on the "View Products" button on "Registration Confirmation", I arrive at the "Product Information" page for "CodeWarrior Development Suite - Basic".

C. Download and Installation, (CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers V10.X Quick Start)

Following the instructions above, I click on the first line, I arrive at the "Product Download" page. From the "Files" tag, I download and install the "Installer CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers (Windows Hosted, Eclipse based) v10.7 Offline".

I followed all the steps, until I encountered, right after the start of the Install Wizard "Welcome to the CodeWarrior Development Studio for Microcontrollers v10.7 Setup", the following "License Information" page which surprised me:

"A temporary license will be generated and will expire in xx days from today. Please register with Freescale Semiconductor, Inc to receive a permanent license". What do these words mean?

D. Licence Activation, (Software and Support Activation Quick Start Guide)

So at the moment I am still surprised and don't know what to do next.

Something else which surprised me over the weekend, was that the installer on the first line of my "Software Licensing and Support" page is identical to the installer on the second line, with the same MD5 Signature.

Thank you for your help

Erwin Beck

0 Kudos
3 Replies

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Erwin,

What is your question?

Stan

0 Kudos

erwinbeck
Contributor II

Hi Stan

Please excuse my incomplete question. This was my first contact with the

NXP Community, and unfortunately I don't really know yet how it

functions. But in the meantime I have updated my question, hope it all

works, and that I have clicked on the right buttons.

Thank you

Erwin

0 Kudos

TomasPaez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Erwin, 

I think the only you need to do is to use the license file from your BASIC suite. The license file needs to be pointed to the local HardDrive Serial Volume, or Ethernet NIC MAC address.  

This file needs to be placed in the installation folder named MCU, default location C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6\MCU

If you have tried this, and still have problems , check the your HD Volume, for this Open CMD and run 'vol' command 

License for DISK_SERIAL_NUM=XXXX0934 , review if this is correct 
Also you could try to get ethernet address , by CMD , ipcofig /all . look for ETH01 
0 Kudos