Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old codewarrior license

Jump to solution
guillaumedalens
Contributor I

Hello,

I just restart an old project from a customer. He send us its CodeWarrior CD. I install it and try to register it in order to compile the customer code.

The CodeWarrior IDE version : 5.5.1.1358

The CodeWarrior version is 8.2

I try many stuff to register or just obtain a reaction, but nothing works and freescale is totally mute.

* 1st try * the default register product executable : it only remind me an error message box about unreachable server.

* 2nd try * the register product executable allow me to generate a .txt fiel to send to license_Europe@metrowerks.com : but I've an error reply from freescale

* 3rd try * as suggested in the error message box, I try direct access to FreeScale (when the website works), but none of my product code or registration number is recognize.

* 4th try * I try to chat online with the support : they forward me to the website or to raise a SR.

* 5th try * I try to call the french (my country) support line. I only hear "Thank you for calling, goodbye !" and cut the line without any chance to talk.

* 6th try * I log a Service Request. They ask me the CodeWarrior version. I answer 4 days ago and being waiting for reply...

* 7th try * I try to call the french (my country) support line with another number, they ask me to raise a SR.

I began to be depressed about FreeScale tools and support

Do anyone have an Idea about the correct way to register my product or a way to contact the support.

I believe I've got a weird version, but i'd like to use it anyway, i need to work.

Thx,

Guillaume

Labels (1)
1 Solution
FRANCOIST
Contributor II

Hi Guillaume,

I had similar issues in the past, but I was in a position to be dealing with Freescale FAE directly for support.

Please note that I am located in Ottawa/Canada, and what I am going to suggest may not work for you in France.

Future Electronics is a Freescale distributor, and I see that they also have offices in France

http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/company-information/contact-us/Pages/ContactUs.aspx?country=Fran...

If you contact them, it is possible that they could assist you. Future Electronics does provide support for some Freescale accounts here in North America.

Good luck,

Francois

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FRANCOIST
Contributor II

Hi Guillaume,

I had similar issues in the past, but I was in a position to be dealing with Freescale FAE directly for support.

Please note that I am located in Ottawa/Canada, and what I am going to suggest may not work for you in France.

Future Electronics is a Freescale distributor, and I see that they also have offices in France

http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/company-information/contact-us/Pages/ContactUs.aspx?country=Fran...

If you contact them, it is possible that they could assist you. Future Electronics does provide support for some Freescale accounts here in North America.

Good luck,

Francois

guillaumedalens
Contributor I

Hi François,

Thank you for your answer. I contact a French Freescale distributor (Silica) that lend me a temporary license file and raise my problem up to FreeScale support.

At least, i can start my project and began to work and someone carry about my problem.

After a while, i learn from my customer that it was a floating license at the beginning, so i believe the problem is somewhere else from now. I will close this ticket.

Thank you again for the idea and support :smileyhappy:

Guillaume

Modified : guillaume dalens If i manage to find how to close a ticket....

0 Kudos