cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Eclipse with 56800e chips?

Jump to solution
Charlie
Contributor III

We are currently using Classic Codewarrior to program for our chips.  I decided to give Eclipse a try, to see if it might fix another problem I am having (and it would probably be better to move to a more modern IDE anyway, as all of our machines are moving towards windows 7/8 anyway).

It appeared to me while I was downloading that my chip, the 56f8367, is supported.  I was even able to select it from a list when setting up the project.  However, when I got my sources all included, I exceeded the temporary license (duh).  I first just tried replacing the license.dat file with my license.dat in the /MCU folder.  But that didn't make any difference (I still didn't need the dongle to get the program up and running).

I was trying to see if I could "repair" my license to work with Eclipse, but did not find what I believed to be an appropriate license to download.

What am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The license for CW8.3 does not support CW10.5, I sent an evaluation license for CW10.5 to your by email, please place it under \MCU subfolder.

If the technical support of your CodeWarrior Suite is not expired, you can download the license for CW10.5 from web.

please log in to your Freescale account (www.freescale.com), and click on the "Software Licensing" link. This will display a list of the CodeWarrior Development Suites registered to you. Please click on the ‘License Option’ button after your CodeWarrior suite , then you will be able to download the license.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The license for CW8.3 does not support CW10.5, I sent an evaluation license for CW10.5 to your by email, please place it under \MCU subfolder.

If the technical support of your CodeWarrior Suite is not expired, you can download the license for CW10.5 from web.

please log in to your Freescale account (www.freescale.com), and click on the "Software Licensing" link. This will display a list of the CodeWarrior Development Suites registered to you. Please click on the ‘License Option’ button after your CodeWarrior suite , then you will be able to download the license.

0 Kudos