Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartMX3 Contactless Identification procédure

frederic_surleau
Contributor II

Hi,

SAK of SmartMX3 is 0x28.

If I follow AN10833, I find "SmartMX with MIFARE Classic 1 K", not SmartMX 3...

It is true, that SmartMX3 if capable of emulating MIFARE Classic, but it can do more than that.

Is there an official way to differenciate SmartMX and SmartMX 3 ?

Personnaly, I use GetVersion in L4, but doing that, I find A Mifare DESFire with unknown version...

Regards,

Fred.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

frederic_surleau
Contributor II

Hi,

Our card reader is used to read Mifare classic and Mifare DESFire cards.

Some customers have both DESFire cards and P71D600 JCOP4.5 with DESFire emulation.

I need to be able to recognise the card to adjust timings.

With "'SmartMX3 P71D320 JCOP4" I can read Historical byte to distiguish real DESFire and P71D320, but not with P71D600.

The only thing I can see is a "strange" hardware version" : 0x43.

How can i detect P71D600 emulating a DESFire without entering the "JCOP world" I don't need ?

Regards,

Fred.

0 Kudos

frederic_surleau
Contributor II
I misread AN10833.
GetVersion gives all the information I need in the hardware type byte !
0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @frederic_surleau ,

Is SmartMX and SMX3 with JCOP? If this is the case, you may use a JCOP command to readout information about the platform.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

frederic_surleau
Contributor II

HI,

The reader is supposed to detect the type or capabilities of card : Mifare and/or Desfire because the users have all sorts of cards.

If the reader must know the type of card presented, what is the purpose of AN10833 "MIFARE type identification procedure" ?

Regards.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @frederic_surleau ,

AN10833 is used for Mifare type identification, and it can also be used to distinguish SmartMX family from Mifare, but if you want to further identify if it is a SmartMX3, you have to use the JCOP command. 

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos