SE050 key wrap or export

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE050 key wrap or export

chrisaptosia
Contributor I

Does the SE050 support wrapping or exporting of secret or private keys?

I understand that Se05x_API_ExportObject and Se05x_API_ImportObject allow for the export and import of these keys, but use a unique device-specific key, making it possible to backup and restore key material to the same SE050.

My requirement is a little different. I want to be able to securely backup one SE050 and restore to a different SE050. I'm just not seeing anything in the examples or documentation for this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

chrisaptosia
Contributor I

Yes, it would suffice for my purposes to only support transient Secure Objects. My question is whether there is support to export this object to another SE050. There is little documentation I can find to describe the wrapping key for this operation. Is the key unique per device? If it is writable, then this would allow for my use case.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chrisaptosia ,

Do you mean to export the transient Secure Objects from one SE and import them to another as a persistent one? or still as a transient secure object? Please kindly clarify.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

chrisaptosia
Contributor I

It doesn't matter much whether the newly imported secure object is a transient or persistent. I'm simply looking for a method to take a key from one SE050 to another.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chrisaptosia ,

Thanks for the clarification!

Just confirmed with the expert,  the import functionality only works with data exported exactly from the same SE due to the SE-individual encryption. 

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

BlackMark
Contributor I

Thank you. So to confirm, the SE050 has no ability to generate a key exportable to another SE050 and no general key wrap functionality?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @chrisaptosia ,

As far as I know, the export operation can just support transient Secure Objects, is this what you want? You may refer to 3.2.8 in https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=AN12543 for more details on this topic.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos