Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use the zstar3 accelerometer with the usb MC1322x

salmanniamattou
Contributor I

hello,

I am a french student and I need your help

so I found how I can do that but I don't know how to do it if anyone can tell me how to and I quote "

use the 1322xUSB dongle as a replacement for the ZSTAR USB stick you would need to implement the ZSTAR3 protocol using the ARM7 SMAC for the MC1322x contained in the USB dongle.

The 1322xUSB have a sniffer firmware pre-loaded, but you can change its program by loading a new flash image, i.e. a SMAC application. Once the 1322xUSB is running a SMAC application, it should listen to ZSTAR3 packets. "

By the way thanks to Josh_b17022

plus, It's only for school actually and I really don't know how I can use the Zstar3 accelerometer with the USB dongle MC1322.

thanks for all the answer I can have.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Martin35804
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Refer to the ZSTAR3 reference manual – chapter 5 about the software design to get familiar with the ZSTAR3 RF protocol and packet format. This will definitely help you to build your API. You can also use another USB dongle if you do not want to use the ZSTAR3. There is a USB dongle reference design for the MC1321x available on Freescale website. Also, there is a USB dongle board using the ARM-based MC1322x device. However, if you just want a simple network such as the one used in ZSTAR (SMAC), you should definitely use that hardware or the MC1321x (HCS08 core).

0 Kudos