how to use MMA8653FC to implement tilt protection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use MMA8653FC to implement tilt protection

hardy_xiang
Contributor I

Hello, I have an application of compressor fridge on the vehicle, there should be a tilt protection function for the compressor. for example, if the angle is more 30 degree vs horizontal direction, to switch off compressor.

I want to know how to use MMA8653FC to implement this tilt protection function.

another question : the fridge unit is as a LIN slave node on the system, is there any conflicts between LIN communication and I2C communication, or is I2C communication interruptible by LIN communication interrupt?

thanks 

Labels (1)
2 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hardy,

The easiest way to implement it is to use an embedded orientation detection function where you can set the threshold angle to 30° and enable the orientation function interrupt to notify/wake-up your MCU when this threshold is crossed.

pastedImage_2.png

This can be done using the MMA8652FC only, the MMA8653FC has a fixed threshold angle at 45°. For more information on the embedded orientation detection function please refer to the AN4068.

Another option is to periodically read and analyze the acceleration data by your MCU. 30° corresponds to 0.5g or 0x80 (@ 10-bit data and ±2g mode).

There should be no conflicts between these two interfaces.

Best regards,

Tomas

hardy_xiang
Contributor I

Hi, Tomas,

Thanks for your quick answer,It is a helpful guidance for me.

best regards

hardy

0 Kudos