Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEF82xx Sample data

atri1
Contributor II

Hi 

I have a few questions: 

- Is there any sample data available for this TEF82xx Imaging radar sensor and the data format? If any links are there please share.

- Can we use this sensor in dense traffic to detect surrounding vehicles separately?  

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Can we use this sensor in dense traffic to detect surrounding vehicles separately?

Yes, but this will depend on the many factors and also on the SW you will use.

https://www.nxp.com/products/radio-frequency/radar-transceivers-and-socs/tef82xx-customer-applicatio...

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I was checking it with RADAR analog team and we do not have any data we can share with customers.

If you are referring to any evaluation kit please let me know.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

atri1
Contributor II

Hello, 

Before evaluation kit, we need to see the data from 4-D imaging radar if it is feasible for our application. If possible, can you provide us some sample data. 

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

As far as I understood we do not provide such data to customers.

If you can state in details your application requirement I can ask RADAR team if such application is feasible with our HW.

Also, there is always way to ask NXP FAE/sales or distributor for such data, as they can provide advanced support based on project order volumes, etc...

Also they can create direct communication channel between you and our RADAR teams.

best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

atri1
Contributor II

Hello, 

Ok we can share the detailed requirements, if you have any contact Email please share. 

Our basic requirement is to detect the vehicles using the radar also categorize them as bus, car, bike etc.

Thanks & Regards

Atri

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Ok we can share the detailed requirements, if you have any contact Email please share.

Since you don't have direct NXP contact, otherwise you will go to him, please submit a ticker on our web page, more information you provide better. We will be able faster recognize your requirements.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/HomeTest-Knowledge-Base/How-to-submit-a-new-question-for-NXP-Support/ta...

Our basic requirement is to detect the vehicles using the radar also categorize them as bus, car, bike etc.

I see no issue here with our radar kit (RAD-B) or in case you are going to develop your own design, I can recommend to have a look at S32R41 / S32R45 with TEF82xx AFEs.

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/s32-automotive-platform/s32r-radar-proc...

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos