MPXV5050gp arduino

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPXV5050gp arduino

skubi
Contributor I

Hello, i need to measure water level by mpxv5050gp, so first of all i need to know in which unit of measurement it shows data when it connected to arduino uno analog pin (on air it shows 161)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Skubi,

please refer to Figure 2. in the datasheet attached. The output of the sensor is in voltage and reflects the pressure applied to the P1 input. For example if you measure 3V at the Vout pin, it means the pressure applied is 30kPa +-offset. Please note, that the device is ratiometric and the values are meant for the recommended supply voltage 5V. A stable power supply is recommended.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos

skubi
Contributor I

Hello JosefKozon

Thanks a lot, but my arduino like board can give only 3.3 v, is that a real problem? and i want to know, i read in datasheet that if temp <=0 or >=85 the value is increased in 3 times, so its increases when the temp is exactly 0 or 85 or it increases gradually? Thanks.

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Skubi,

the pressure sensor should also work with the 3.3V instead of the recommended 5V, but then you need to multiply the measured output voltage by 5/3.3=1.515 factor to read the measured pressure. For example if you measure on the output 1.98V for the applied 3.3V supply voltage, the measured applied pressure should be 31kPa +-offset, same when you measure output 3V with recommended 5V supply voltage.

For the temperature <=0 or >=85 the value is increases gradually. The 3 multiplier is for the temperatures -40°C and +125°C. 

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos