MPXAZ6115AP Storage Temperature

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPXAZ6115AP Storage Temperature

CharlieK
Contributor I

I have an MPXAZ6115AP and need it to survive at temperatures colder than the storage rating in the data sheet (-40C). If it were exposed to -54C would it fail? What is the failure mechanism? 

Thank you, Charlie

0 Kudos
2 Replies

CharlieK
Contributor I

Hi David,

Thank you very much for the explanation. 

Charlie

0 Kudos

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Charlie,

I hope all is great with you. Thank you for using the NXP communities.

You are correct, the storage temperature of the MPXAZ6115AP device goes from -40C to 125C.

Unfortunately, we have never tested the behavior of this device at -54C, and I personally do not recommend using at that temperature. it’s probable that it will have some issues on the resolution sensing.

As you approach such temperatures levels, you approach a critical temperature at which the gel's crystalline structure can change, and if this happened, it would produce a permanent change in gel performance. That said, there is risk that any duration of exposure to -54C will cause the gel property change, so it would be very risky for you to expose the devices to that range of extreme temperature. In this case, it would your responsibility to determine the reliability of the device in your storage application, and we will certainly not recommend storage at -54°C.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos