KITMPR121EVM Device not connecting to SensorToolbox application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KITMPR121EVM Device not connecting to SensorToolbox application

chrishandy
Contributor I

We have the KITMPR121EVM However upon installing/running the Sensor Toolbox software it says "Scanning ports: COMX%" indefinitely.

After a bit of digging through the supportedDevices.xml, we ran the SensorToolbox.exe in the SensorToolbox_MFC folder. This identified the correct com port for the device but said "Cannot identify board" error message.

The TX/RX light on the board is flashing whilst the application is application is iterating over the com ports.

Do you think the device is faulty?

UPDATE:

Still no luck, new board, same issue, tried multiple machines 64 and 32 bit. Removing drivers and re-installing. Still does not want to connect to the sensor toolbox.

Has just got stuck on "Scanning port: COM32" (where it is attached) RX/TX light is constantly on, going to leave it to see if it needs to do something...

I don't really see how this doesn't just work out of the box, it should be simple...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

kevin_rodenbeck
Contributor I

I also am having the same issue that it sounds like a lot of people are having with the board not being able to connect to the sensor toolbox software.

LOT: COAX153001

DTE: 1530

LPN: AX00098501

Does any of this info further confirm that this board is also part of that defective batch that was not programmed correctly?

0 Kudos

holgerboenicke
Contributor I

Same problem here.

LOT: COAX151904

DTE: 1519

LPN: AX00098207

Will probably send it back and switch to other IC.

0 Kudos

paulm50
Contributor I

We too have had two kits, both with normal bags folded in the clips, and both have failed to be detected. The original was purchased through Farnell UK and the second was a replacement from the same company. Lot number is C0AX151001, DTE 1510, LPN AX0097896. Hope this information is useful and look forward to some sort of resolution soon.

0 Kudos

enriqueromay
Contributor I

the first kit we used came in zip bags into the case (it wasn't necessary to open the clips to extract the boards) this one was working OK

the second kit we used came in normal bags with the end folded and into the clips. it was neccesary to open the clips and extract the bag to open it and get to the boards. this one was the one that wouldn't work.

we borrowed a third unit, it was packed in zip bags like the first one... this one had no connection issues and was fully working.

hope this can help to identify the defective batch.

Regards.

0 Kudos

troydaniel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello All,

I received my new board from the factory and was able to reproduce the issue.

The board I received had not been programmed as it should have by the factory, we are working to confirm that this is the issue effecting everyone, which devices have been effected, and what the best way to get working boards to everyone who has the issue is.

I will keep you updated here as the situation develops.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your understanding.

Regards.

Troy

troydaniel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chris,

Sorry this isn't working for you, I have been trying to reproduce your issue with no success so far.

I currently have a new board on order to try to reproduce, it is scheduled to ship on 5/15 and I will continue debugging when it arrives.

Regards,

Troy

0 Kudos

enriqueromay
Contributor I

we have the same Issue:

last week we purchased a MPR121 evaluation module, installed the sensor toolbox and everything worked as expected,

because the board we received was used and had some signs of having been soldered on and some wear off on the capacitive shells we decided to return it and ask for a new one.

yesterday we received the new one (SCH-25890 REV.C) the usb to uart converter is detected, but sensor toolbox doesn't get connected to the board...

may there be a problem with this batch of boards?

0 Kudos

daweiyou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

same issue with mine.

0 Kudos