Is it possible to use MPXV7025DP sensor from 3.3V power supply?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use MPXV7025DP sensor from 3.3V power supply?

Jump to solution
belamihalik
Contributor I

I made a small PCB with MPXV7025DP pressure sensor, and I connected its power pin to 3.3V. It seems working, however the device's data sheet says its operating range is between 4.75-5.25V. Can I use this sensor from 3.3V? - or it gives absolutely wrong and nonlinear result.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bela,

Indeed, you can use the MPXV7025 at 3.3V but we do not guarantee and specify (as per datasheet) the operation of these devices, but the part can do.

Most of our integrated type pressure sensors are working down quite well to ~ 3.0V (not specified in the data sheet, but benchmarked).

In this case the device is ratiometric, so the output voltage of the device will be lowered by the same amount as you lower the supply voltage.

I hope this information will be useful for you.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to let me know.  I will be glad to help.

Have a great day.

David Diaz.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Bela,

Indeed, you can use the MPXV7025 at 3.3V but we do not guarantee and specify (as per datasheet) the operation of these devices, but the part can do.

Most of our integrated type pressure sensors are working down quite well to ~ 3.0V (not specified in the data sheet, but benchmarked).

In this case the device is ratiometric, so the output voltage of the device will be lowered by the same amount as you lower the supply voltage.

I hope this information will be useful for you.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to let me know.  I will be glad to help.

Have a great day.

David Diaz.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!