cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input pin PTA4 not reading HIGH even when forced HIGH externally

Jump to solution
TKB
Contributor II

I am using the FXTH870912DT1 and by default the PTA4 pin is supposed to work as an input. In my code, Background mode is disabled, and I read the PTA4 pin and it does not read HIGH even though I have forced it HIGH through an external MCU's GPIO. 

The PTA4 pin has been also externally pulled HIGH to VDD using a 4.7 kOhm resistor. I have also measured the voltage at PTA4 pin using a multimeter and it is reading 3.25V.

So what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

Tushar

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tushar,

I have contacted an application engineer for an advice. For his answer please see the description.

I apologize for confusion and inconvenience. 

DESCRIPTION

PTA4 pin has two functions: BKGD and GPIO output-only. PTA4 cannot be used as GPIO input. I see that the FXTH8709xx datasheet indicates that the pin is input-only, and this is an error. It has been corrected it the datasheets/manuals of the other part numbers, but not this one apparently. Sorry for the confusion.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Tushar,

could you please state from which register are you trying to read it in the PTA4? Is it from the PTADD register?

JozefKozon_0-1623062134237.png

With Best Regards,

Jozef 

0 Kudos
TKB
Contributor II

Hi Jozef

I am trying to read from the PTAD register, Bit 4.

TKB_0-1623066347845.png

Regards,

Tushar

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Tushar,

there shouldn't be a problem to read the Bit 4 high in the PTAD register if there is 3.25V on the PTA4 pin. Could you please double check how is the Bit 1 BKGDPE set in the SIMOPT1 register?

JozefKozon_1-1623145367306.png

Could you please check the VDD voltage? The high voltage on the PTA4 pin should be minimally 0.7*VDD.

JozefKozon_2-1623145523340.png

With Best Regards,

Jozef 

0 Kudos
TKB
Contributor II

Hi Jozef

Just to be doubly sure, I explicitly made the BKGDPE bit to 0.

SIMOPT1 = (SIMOPT1 | SIMOPT1_STOPE_MASK | SIMOPT1_COPE_MASK ) & (UINT8)(~((UINT8) (SIMOPT1_COPCLKS))) & (UINT8)(~((UINT8)(SIMOPT1_BKGDPE_MASK)));

Still, it doesn't work.

Regards,

Tushar

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tushar,

I have contacted an application engineer for an advice. For his answer please see the description.

I apologize for confusion and inconvenience. 

DESCRIPTION

PTA4 pin has two functions: BKGD and GPIO output-only. PTA4 cannot be used as GPIO input. I see that the FXTH8709xx datasheet indicates that the pin is input-only, and this is an error. It has been corrected it the datasheets/manuals of the other part numbers, but not this one apparently. Sorry for the confusion.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
TKB
Contributor II

Thanks for the clarification Jozef.

Tushar