cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXLS8962AFR1 Sensor Values without gravity

akshay2528
Contributor I

Hi,

I am testing the accelerometer and can see that it also measures the acceleration caused by gravity.

Is there a setting or way to filter gravity out from the reading?

If there is any calculation, could you please share us the same for with gravity and without gravity?

Thanks,

Akshay

0 Kudos
1 Reply

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Akshay Naik,

I am testing the accelerometer and can see that it also measures the acceleration caused by gravity.

Is there a setting or way to filter gravity out from the reading?

If there is any calculation, could you please share us the same for with gravity and without gravity?
[A] Unfortunately we do not have test results of any of our accelerometer without the gravity influence. Our sensors were tested in an environment with the gravity present. If you would want to test our accelerometers without the gravity influence, you would need to take the components in an environment, where the gravity is not present. Into space. But some micro gravity would be still present. These test however would be expensive, which would be reflected into the price of the accelerometers. You can simply test our accelerometers with the gravity and then subtract 1g from the measurement from the axis which is perpendicular to the surface. 

JozefKozon_1-1653892343671.png

Please check the following application notes to see how the FXLS8962 works. AN12004 and AN5311.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos