Calling Firmware functions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Firmware functions

f20150335
Contributor III

Hi, Can i use the functions such as TPMS_READ_PRESSURE directly into my code in CodeWarrior? In the fxth870000.h or the fxth870000.c, i cannot see these functions being defined or specified. Do I have to include some specific header files then?

It would be great if you could show how these functions are created and how to call them using C in CodeWarrior. I think it would be easier to understand if I know how these are linked to the Sensor Measurement Interface. I am new to this environment and really need help for a project.

Thanks!

2 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Divyank,

I would recommend you to take a closer look at the FXTH87xx embedded firmware user guides available on the following website, under User Guides:

FXTH87|Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor|NXP 

The FXTH87xx devices contain an embedded firmware function jump table to allow programmers to reference any function through a function pointer to an absolute address. This helps isolate NXP firmware from the user's application. Table 7 in the user guide shows a list of all firmware functions and their address. For a description of how to implement pointers to fixed addresses using the C language, please refer to Manual_Compiler_HC08.pdf (part of the CodeWarrior package).

Best regards,

Tomas

f20150335
Contributor III

Thanks for the clarification. Can you please explain where the UUMA array should be located.  The firmware user guide says "It
can be located anywhere the user decides." Is it stored in the 512 bytes of RAM? Also can I create multiple arrays similar to UUMA?

Thanks!

0 Kudos