protect firmware code in target hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

protect firmware code in target hardware

bscheuffele
Contributor I

Hi, how could SE050 possibly contribute to a concept to prevent firmware from being hacked during and after a remote update process?

Our question in detail: During firmware remote data transfer the firmware code is protected by TLS. However, finaly the firmware sits as a de-crypted binary in the NAND or NOR Flash. The identified risk is that this NAND or NOR could be sniffed or the memory hardware component could be extracted from the PCB and put in a spy hardware environment.
Thank you ! Best regards, Bernd

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bernd,

If the binary is plain in the NAND or NOR flash, I think SE050 can help little on such kind of issue, instead a tamper detection device is needed for your case. As I know, some host controllers support tamper detection, for example, Kinetis K81, 
Please kindly refer to Arm® Cortex®-M4|Kinetis K81 150 MHz 32-bit MCUs | NXP for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos