Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jcshell/se050/usb-i2c

Jump to solution
msjcard
Contributor III

Hi -

I'd like to be able to play with the SE050/A5000 using the jcshell tool.  Are any of the various adapters supported by jcshell i2c adapters that speak the appropriate ISO7816-4 over I2C dialect to talk to an SE050 or A5000 with just a few wires from the adapter to the chip?

(I was able to fake this using a CL card reader and the SE050 dev board, but the A5000 doesn't support ISO14443).

Thanks - Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution
michaelsalfer
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike,

you can use e.g. a K64F board and flash the binary "\simw-top\binaries\MCU\se05x\se05x_ccid-T1oI2C-frdmk64f.bin" on it. This will provide a CCID reader interface on the K64F USB port which can be used with standard PC/SC API.

Then just connect the A5000 board to the K64F and the K64F USB port to the PC. Then you can connect with jcshell to the A5000 over I2C like you connect to a PC/SC reader.

Kind regards,
Michael

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
michaelsalfer
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mike,

you can use e.g. a K64F board and flash the binary "\simw-top\binaries\MCU\se05x\se05x_ccid-T1oI2C-frdmk64f.bin" on it. This will provide a CCID reader interface on the K64F USB port which can be used with standard PC/SC API.

Then just connect the A5000 board to the K64F and the K64F USB port to the PC. Then you can connect with jcshell to the A5000 over I2C like you connect to a PC/SC reader.

Kind regards,
Michael

0 Kudos
msjcard
Contributor III

Hi Michael -

I'm finally getting back around to this, but I hit a snag.  I have a FRDM board of the 2016 vintage which I last used a few years back.  When I brought it out of storage to try this, I ended up having no luck.  AFAICT, I'm affected by https://www.nxp.com/support/microsites/japan/japan/press-releases/k2x-ks2x-usb/opensda-serial-and-de...  - basically Windows 10 vs an old bootloader => bootloader corruption.  As I'm basically a security and software type, I don't have an external JTAG device.  And apparently the FRDM K64F is a hot commodity as it's not available from any of the normal places in times less than about 14 weeks.

I'm going to see if I can find someone to loan me a programmer.  I'll update this thread if I manage to succeed.

Thanks - Mike

0 Kudos
michaelsalfer
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael.

just in case you have other boards as well: the debugger on a board can as well connect to other boards to debug/flash them like described here: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/06/26/how-to-recover-the-opensda-v2-x-bootloader/ 

Alternatively the Plug & Trust MW contains a VCOM interface binary for these boards as well beside the FRDM K64F:

• LPC55S69
  • i.MX RT 1060
  • i.MX RT 1170

Or you can connect the secure element board I2C pins to any linux system directly to one I2C bus supported on the linux board and then use the jrcpv1_server (docu: simw-top/doc/appendix/rjct_server.html) to provide a socket which can be connected to with jcshell and /term remote|ip:port

Kind regards,
Michael

0 Kudos
msjcard
Contributor III

I finally got back to this a few days ago and was still hitting a wall trying to make things work.  I *finally* found a path to get things updated.  In any event - thanks!  I now have at least one FRDM-K64F that's working as a CCID for an A5000.  My task for this week is to make sure I can use the QFN20 socket I have on the loose chips.

0 Kudos