Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sja1105 driver package build into Kernel image

waynekuo
Contributor III

H / W: S32V234-EVB2
S/W: BSP 15.0 Yocto project

Hi Experts,

We are trying to use NFS to flash on-board eMMC, but facing a issue of mounting NFS on S32V234-EVB2.
We obtained the UART Boot Tool from NXP's local FAE and successfully booted U-Boot via UART.
We can also use the tftp command to download Image and *.dtb from the TFTP server on host Ubuntu.
However, when booting EVB2 with the nfsboot command, it hangs and fails to mount NFS over Ethernet.

I discuss with my colleagues, we think this issue cause by sja1105.
By default Yocto Project settings, sja1105 driver is located in filesystem by module format, so system can't not load the sja1105.ko before mounting NFS.

My question is:
1. Does NXP provide sja1105 Kernel driver or patch?
2. Is there any simple way to build sja1105 driver package into Kernel image by Yocto Project?
3. Is there any other way to flash on-board eMMC?

Best Regards,
Wayne Kuo

0 Kudos
4 Replies

KushalShahNXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wayne,

The sja1105.ko driver you mentioned is the linux kernel module and separate to u-boot.

Separate to Linux, u-boot does have sja1105 driver implemented in it. But it comes with reduced functionality because u-boot is a single-threaded bare-metal application without explicit interrupt support.

Moreover, we have some known issues and workarounds with the sja1105 driver.

Can you please raise the ticket at www.nxp.com/support using "support requests" option? An expert will help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,

Kushal

0 Kudos

waynekuo
Contributor III

Hi Kushal,

Thanks for your reply.

I've post my question in "support requests" in www.nxp.com/support, but no response yet.

Can you help to check the issue process or share the known issues and workarounds here?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Wayne Kuo

0 Kudos

KushalShahNXP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wayne,

Did you get any response yet?

If not, please post your case number, I will help you to answer it.

Regards,

Kushal

0 Kudos

waynekuo
Contributor III

Hi Kushal,

Thanks for your reply.

I just got the feedback this morning. :smileylaugh:

Regards,

Wayne Kuo

0 Kudos