reading signals from LIN bus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reading signals from LIN bus

cw20
Contributor II

Using an oscilloscope, I'm scoping the LIN pins to check that there is an rx and tx signal. I have an s32K344 board and I've connected the board to pins 2 and 8 of the LIN connector. I am currently running the Lin_Ip_FrameTransfer example project and I have not modified anything. When I run it, I get a flat line waveform but there are no changes to the waveform when I run it. What could be the issue/what modifications do I need to make?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

cw20
Contributor II

cw20_0-1684941677200.pngcw20_1-1684941696549.png

Hi @PetrS ,

I have done what you said and when I run the example, I get a brief square wave and then it disappears. While debugging, I found that it stops at this point in the program: when waiting for transmission to be done on the slave (which I guess never happens). What could be the issue? Also, I am using the Lin_Ip_FrameTransfer example, should I be using Lin_MasterFrameTransfer instead?

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

did you set master jumper as well on LIN transceiver. If you have LINs connected then you can place either J20 or J24, if not LIN2 is master in this example, I think and if J24 will be placed you should see LIN frame on J23.7.For latter case program stops at waiting for slave receive as slave is not connected. 

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

as example does communication between LIN Master/Slave on the board connect J23.7 to J23.8 and place either J20 or J24 jumper. Then 2 LIN frames should be visible on LIN bus connection after example running.

PetrS_0-1684923134330.png

BR, Petr

0 Kudos