Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no any UART communication port is detected

Jump to solution
gang_wang
Contributor II

Hi,

I am new to using S32K144EVB-Q100. I want to collect data from Freemaster when running my simulink model on windows 10. After Freemaster serial communication driver and mbdt toolbox(including support package for simulink) are installed, I still have trouble with UART communication port. What should i do to fix it?

thumbnail_image.png

gang_wang_0-1618226992279.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Not sure if JumpStart project is flashed in your S32K144EVB.

Here you can download:

PC software

S32K144 EVB JumpStart - FreeMASTER Application

EVB software(need to use S32 Design Studio ARM2.0 IDE)

S32K144 EVB JumpStart - Firmware

If you don't want to flash program by using S32 Design Studio ARM2.0 IDE, you can copy and paste the S32K144_EVB_JumpStart_Firmware.srec file to the EVB-S32K144 drive. 

Then you should be able to connect the board at 115200 baud rate.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi gang_wang,

Seems that there is no OpenSDA USB drivers installed in your PC. This should be installed automatically during the installation of S32 Design Studio.

gang_wang_0-1618226992279.png
If you don't want to use S32 Design Studio, then you may need to download the driver from P&E micro.

OpenSDA USB Drivers.png

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
gang_wang
Contributor II

Hi Robin_Shen,

After installing the driver from PEmicro, now i can detect the CDC serial port as com6 in the device manager. It's also seen in the connection wizard. However, I use all baud rate to probe and still get a error saying "no board is detected"

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Not sure if JumpStart project is flashed in your S32K144EVB.

Here you can download:

PC software

S32K144 EVB JumpStart - FreeMASTER Application

EVB software(need to use S32 Design Studio ARM2.0 IDE)

S32K144 EVB JumpStart - Firmware

If you don't want to flash program by using S32 Design Studio ARM2.0 IDE, you can copy and paste the S32K144_EVB_JumpStart_Firmware.srec file to the EVB-S32K144 drive. 

Then you should be able to connect the board at 115200 baud rate.

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:

0 Kudos