Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lin_master_baremetal_S32k144 change RX and TX pins

Jump to solution
6T9
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm using the lin_master_baremetal_s32k144 example.

I'm using the S32K144EVB-Q100.

Lin component:

fedev_0-1678793643763.png

I want to change the standard pins from Rx: PTD6 to PTA8 and TX: PTD7 to PTA9.

fedev_1-1678793754585.png

When I run it, no LIN message is sent (measured via oscilloscope).

As soon as I press the SW2 button, LIN_DRV_MasterSendHeader(INST_LIN1, FRAME_MASTER_RECEIVE_DATA); is called, retval equals to STATUS_SUCCESS.

I realised the CallbackHandler is not triggered anymore (is only triggered once after reset).

Neither is LIN_LPUART2_RxTx_IRQHandler() triggered.

PTA8 and PTA9 are configured as the following:

fedev_0-1678794336263.png

Using the standard pins PTD6 and PTD7 works without any issues.

Did I overlook a configuration or something else?

Best regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

to test proper pin setting you can disconnect your LIN transceiver and just connect  PTA8 and PTA9 together. Then send a frame.
Below is test I did, change pin setting, update PE code, built and debug. Upon SW2 press I see below

2023-03-15_11-48-11.png

If this will work on your side, but not with transceiver connected then it is transceiver issue.

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

LIN transceiver is connected to PTD6/PTD7 pins, so after you change pins, did you connect them to LIN transceiver too, either some external one or the one located on EVB? 
For latter one, you can simply connect PTD6 to PTA8 and PTD7 to PTA9 assuming PTA8/PTA9 are not configured.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos
6T9
Contributor III

Hi,

sorry I forgot to mention that I connected PTA8 and PTA9 to an external LIN transceiver.

Best regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

to test proper pin setting you can disconnect your LIN transceiver and just connect  PTA8 and PTA9 together. Then send a frame.
Below is test I did, change pin setting, update PE code, built and debug. Upon SW2 press I see below

2023-03-15_11-48-11.png

If this will work on your side, but not with transceiver connected then it is transceiver issue.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos
6T9
Contributor III

Hi,

thank you for your help. The LIN Transceiver had an issue. I replaced it and now it is working as intended.

Best regards

Thomas

0 Kudos