cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog reset after entering VLPS mode

海斌蔡
Contributor II

Hi,

My program enters vlps low-power mode, and the software stays in the following position

The watchdog resets after 3 hours and 40 minutes of the software. The following is the configuration of the watchdog register when the software enters the LVPS mode.

111.png

I have two questions
1. When the software enters VLPS mode, WDOG->CNT will still increment, but the increment is very slow. Why is it not a 2 second watchdog reset but more than 3 hours?

2. Before entering VLPS mode, should the watchdog be disabled?

Thanks & Regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies

海斌蔡
Contributor II

My program enters vlps low-power mode, and the software stays in the following position微信图片_20210421162311.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos

nxf47333
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robin,

I have questions, according to RM

nxf47333_0-1650513437718.png

if i enter stop1/stop2 with Watchdog enabled(and configuration timer out is 1s), will watchdog trigger system reset after timeout.

if i enter vlps, does it mean, watchdog will production wake up event once timerout

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 海斌蔡,

According to the description of "Table 39-4. Module operation in available power modes", you don't need to disable the watchdog.
In VLPS mode, Watchdog is Async operation (STOP bit needs to be set). Async Wakeup.
I did not see you set STOP bit of SC register.
Would you please set STOP bit and then test again?

Table 39-4. Module operation in available power modes.jpgCS[STOP].jpg

Async operation Fully functional with alternate clock source (if the selected clock source remains enabled).
"Table 39-4. Module operation in available power modes" shows that the OSC that you selected is OFF in VLPS. Please select other clock source.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos