Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPLS Mode Wakeup Source

Jump to solution
Learner
Contributor III

Hi
I am trying to use VPLS power mode in S32K148. And i want to wakeup through GPIO interrupt.

In my current design i am using Internal clock. I am not using any  external crystal Oscillator in my design.

As mentioned in the notes of reference Manual Section "Module Operation in available power modes" that “ Device Can Support ASYNC Wakeup from VPLS through GPIO” 
So in this case which clock would be active

Please refer the snapshot attached for detail.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can refer the power_mode_switch_s32k148 example in S32SDK S32K1XX RTM 4.0.1.

power_mode_switch_s32k148.png

Power Mode Switch.png

Asynchronous Wake-up Interrupt Controller (AWIC) detect asynchronous wake-up events in stop modes and signal to clock control logic to resume system clocking.
Pin interrupts one of the VLPS wake-up sources.

AWIC.png

There is not much information about the AWIC module in our manual. But it mentioned: Full documentation for this module is provided by Arm and can be found at arm.com.
So I think consulting ARM may get more accurate answers.

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Learner
Contributor III

Hi @Robin_Shen 

Thanks for your detailed response.

Question: While using internal clock (No external crystal oscillator), is it possible to wakeup from VPLS mode through GPIO interrupt?

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes.

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can refer the power_mode_switch_s32k148 example in S32SDK S32K1XX RTM 4.0.1.

power_mode_switch_s32k148.png

Power Mode Switch.png

Asynchronous Wake-up Interrupt Controller (AWIC) detect asynchronous wake-up events in stop modes and signal to clock control logic to resume system clocking.
Pin interrupts one of the VLPS wake-up sources.

AWIC.png

There is not much information about the AWIC module in our manual. But it mentioned: Full documentation for this module is provided by Arm and can be found at arm.com.
So I think consulting ARM may get more accurate answers.

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos